Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Fashion Inspiration - The Devil Wears Prada

Fashionable movie with a great story line has always been the secret recipe in making a memorable film. The Devil Wears Prada which was based on a novel by Lauren Weisberger is one of my favourite in terms of witty script, melodic soundtract, brilliant casts, fashion and it's entire 'to die for' wardrobe. 


The main cast, Anne Hathaway is no stranger in having overall beauty/fashion makeover on screen, she is after all the 'once geeky but not anymore' Princess Mia in The Princess Diaries, the one with the long glossy hair with perfectly shaped eyebrows, lol.  In The Devil Wears Prada, Anne Hathaway's character Andy Sachs undergoes an impressive wardrobe makeover to suit her image as a junior personal assistant to Meryl Streep's Miranda Priestly editor-in-chief of Runway fashion magazine. 

The wardrobe makeover was a success, as evident in the reaction of Emily, the senior assistant who's always throwing snarky comments to Andy. 

*Memorable Quote : 
Serena: What exactly is she wearing? 
Emily: Her grandmother's skirt

Never would they have guess Andy Sachs would trumps them all in the wardrobe department 😂


I love these thigh-grazing Chanel boots. But there is no way this can be worn here unless I'm willing to endure extreme discomfort for the sake of fashion, lol.

                                                              
Green is always eye catching. I love the green coat, though I'm not too fond of animal prints.


An iconic looking milky white coat, which looks very comfy too.


Lastly, the Black Evening Dress by John Galliano. I love the lacy sleeve on her dress. With barely there accessories, the whole look appears demure and elegant looking. I also love the black Valentino gown worn by Miranda Priestly, it kinda adds an edge to her overall icy and somewhat villanous personality.


If you haven't seen this, you should, because the soundtract are awesome too!

*Photo Credits : IMDB  Glamour


Comments

Popular Posts