Skip to main content

Featured Post

L de Lolita Lempicka

L de Lolita Lempicka was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Sylvie de France. From the perfume ad and the aquamarine, pebble heart shaped bottle with the golden net, this perfume reminds me a lot of the deep blue ocean and mermaids. Even though I have an affinity for mermaids, I'm not too fond of aquatic scent, which is why I steer clear from this perfume for years, thinking it as another harsh clean scent.  The only reason why I got this is because of the bottle, it's been discontinued for years and I wanted to get this before it's gone. So imagine my surprise when I first tried it on. Instead of being bombarded with screechy and sharp aquatic scent, I was left with a delicious oriental vanilla scent that conjures images of Christmas baking. I immediately regret not getting a full bottle of this years before it's been discontinued, lol. Top Notes Bitter orange,   Bergamot

Fashion Inspiration - 500 Days Of Summer

When the movie 500 Days Of Summer came out in 2009, I was in the mid of re-inventing my personal style. Back then, I still dressed as if I was a uni student. I would wear T-shirt, jeans and sneakers all the time, including going out to dinner parties, because I have nothing else in my closet, lol. Even during the boho chic phase, I never once wore a peasant skirt, which was kinda sad 😂

Watching Zooey Deschanel's Summer Finn character in that movie definitely pushed me to change my overall appearance. I have always love fashion, especially vintage inspired and romantic whimsical style, which is why I love Summer Finn's overall wardrobe in this movie. 

The Navy Blue dress that she wore at the record store when telling Tom Hansen (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) her favorite Beatle is Ringo. 


The pale blue dress she wore while clowning around at the Ikea store.


And another pale blue dress....


This whole ensemble reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, classic and demure, with the belted white blouse and 50s style skirt.


The soft pale blue dress that she wore at Millie's wedding is my fave of the bunch. It really brings out the blue in her eyes.


500 Days Of Summer has a really great costume designer in Hope Hanafin. She really brings these characters to life. Kooky and quirky, Tom and Summer has their own distintive style that complement each other. But sadly this is not a love story ☹️


Fashion trends may come and go, which is why when it comes to choosing your personal style, it is good to find one that best reflects your personality. For me, my fashion inspiration have always comes from movies, which may not be the current fashion trends 😉

*Photo Credits : IMDB

Comments

Popular Posts